Hearing and Hearing Aids
This course will not meet during the Fall 2020 semester.
Every Thursday • 8:15 a.m.-9:45 a.m. • Shapiro AB
September 10, 17, 24 • October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 • November 5, 12, 19, (26 no class) • December 3
Learn from local audiologist Jane Steckler about the following topics:
- Why you can hear, but can’t always understand.
- Why you can hear sometimes and sometimes not.
- Why you can lip-read sometimes and sometimes not.
- How the ear works and what can go wrong with it.
- How to protect the hearing you have left.
- What are the basics of lip reading.
- Which hearing aid is right for you.
- How to care for your hearing aids.
- What are assistive listening devices.
Partners are encouraged to attend.
Instructor: Jane Steckler Coordinator: Bruce Shoemaker