Welcome To Lifelong Learning at CSUF.
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at California State University Fullerton (OLLI-CSUF) is a self-directed and self-funded community of learners from all walks of life. Annually, we offer more than 340 course offerings and activities.
We invite you to join our community of 1,700+ individuals who share a genuine appreciation of an examined life joyfully sustained by intellectual and social endeavors in a university environment.
We are open to all retired and semi-retired adults. There are no educational prerequisites, no exams and no grades. Members enjoy learning for enlightenment within an environment that fosters friendship and shared learning.
Because of our more than 400 volunteers, our membership fees remain remarkably affordable. Our more than 50 percent growth in recent years attest to our success.
We had our origin here at Cal State Fullerton 39 years ago. Our founding group, the Continuing Learning Experience (CLE), evolved into what our OLLI-CSUF is today with our own identity on campus, a self-directing Board of Trustees, and dedicated classrooms, computer labs and support facilities in the Ruby Gerontology Center.
In 2006, we affiliated with the nationwide network of similar programs administered by the National Resource Center for the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute that is funded by the Bernard Osher Foundation. CLE became OLLI-CSUF or OLLI for short. OLLI receives no public funding and is entirely self-supporting.
Our members are entitled to:
- Attend as many of our OLLI classes as they desire for a single fee (plus any material or lab charge).
- Park for free with the parking pass supplied with our membership materials.
- Audit any CSUF class with permission of the instructor without an added fee.
- Receive discounts at the student book store and performing arts box office; and free admission to most university sporting events for the member and a guest.
- Enjoy campus eating facilities and a community market as near as a two-minute walk.
- Receive Pollak Library and secure student Wi-Fi privileges.
I invite you to browse our website and contact us with any questions.
Our office is in Room 7 of the Ruby Gerontology Center. It is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. The OLLI office phone number is (657) 278-2446. OLLI’s general information email is firstname.lastname@example.org .
Jim Monroe, President